Mom and Dad -
Here are some pictures from the Provo MTC. Since I can't upload my pictures, I printed them off. How are things going at home? Are you guys preserving my room like a museum? Also I have got my flight plans. I fly out next Tuesday morning. The mission president here encourages us to call home during our layover time.
How was Garrett's talk on Sunday? Did he get his tie? There is a teacher that I want his tie so, I'm taking some tonight to get it from him. (???) I received Nanny's letter and Barry Bright wrote me too. He said he was in the mountains, he was sad to hear about me leaving before he got back. Yes, I got the picture of Jack as well, he is really cute. I need to get one of me and Elder Covington and Cruz too. I see Elder Dalton rarely, but I see him.
I do not need a visa while I'm in the MTC in Guatemala, so I am good for six more weeks. However, if it doesn't come then I will be brought back the America until it comes.
My companion is Elder Pollock, pronounced like potluck, but because of the "ll" in his name in Spanish that is a ya sound. So we call him Elder "Poyaack". It is funny He is super shy but I feel like he is coming out of his shell now. He and I have great lessons and a really smooth flow when we teach. I kind of dominate the lessons sometimes though, I feel bad. He is going to Guatemala and our flight says there are 23 of us. In our district there are 12 of us. Four are going to Idaho, and six are going to Mesa, AZ. They ask me a ton of questions about it. One thing we did in class the other day was dissect Chapter 18 of 1 Nephi. We took it verse by verse and tried to relate Nephi to our Savior. It was cool that even though it was 600 years before His coming, our Savior would give us examples through prophets. Well that is all I have, I will update you more through the email. I love you guys and miss you too. Love, Elder Shipley
 |
| Our district at the Provo Temple |
 |
| My companion, Elder Pollock, he is from Enterprise, UT. |
 |
| Provo Temple |
 |
| Our district at the Provo Temple |
 |
| Sister White's mother in the Provo MTC - her daughter is in the Catalina Ward |
 |
| In our classroom |
 |
| Me and President Monson in the classroom |
 |
| Provo Temple |
 |
| Elder Pollock (companion), Elder Lamereaux (roommate) |
 |
| Elder Brimhall (roommate), and Elder Pollock (companion) |
 |
| This is my district in front of the world map at the MTC, Provo |
 |
| Not Disneyland.... Guatemala!! |
 |
| Elder Pollock and I will be traveling to Guatemala on Tuesday, Sept. 7 |
 |
| Me and Elder Stogich at the Provo Temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment