How embarrassing, tonight Ken and I went to our stake center for the Messiah sing-a-long. When we came home we got comfy on the couch with Rachel and started to watch the finale of Survivor, the phone rang. I answered it, and was so annoyed to hear nothing.
"HELLO", I said again and again - All I could hear was a bunch of static and mumbling. So, I hung up. The phone rings again....... "are you kidding me"?
The same noise - I impatiently yelled, "Who is this?"
"Elder Shipley"
WHAT??? I said no it isn't - "who is this? Tell me something only Daniel would know".
"Here is my companion" - another young man gets on the phone.
Then still not believing I said, "What is Daisey's middle name?"
"I don't know"
"Aha"
"Daisey Mae Clampet Shipley?"
"Daniel, hello.......... (LARGE lump in my throat - killing me!!) The phone was passed from me to Rachel to me to Ken. Mostly because we all started to cry. What will Christmas Day's conversation be like??
We have his number and the time to call - now I just need to figure out the phones.
With all that has been happening with our family lately, I really don't need any wrapped gift under the Christmas tree - tonights brief conversation with my son was THE most priceless gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment