Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hey there mother. How are you doing? Ha ha, the correct way of saying that would be, "¡que es lo que hace?" Don’t worry though, I will teach you Spanish when I get home so that we can both speak it when I get home. Ha, what is this missionary track thing that you talk of? My week went really well. We had a lot of success. We had to drive out to an area that is about 4 hours away, my comp is currently not allowed to drive, but we are working on getting his license, but I had to drive all the way out there and back. The good news is that you don’t have to freak out about me driving again when I get back; I’m pretty good at it again.

Anyway I just kind of realized why I have been feeling a little weird recently. I just realized that I constantly feel happy. Ha, I know it is something really weird to say, but it is the truth. There is nothing that can make me angry. I just always have a smile on my face and I am laughing. Today was an excellent day though but I will tell you about that a little bit later.

So Tuesday we had a training meeting for the new elders who arrived 5 weeks ago. It went really well and we were able to go with the new Latin missionaries and talk with them about what we can do better and teach them how to have love for their companions. After the meeting we drove out to that area that is called Gualan. Then we did divisions and I went with an elder named Elder Johnson. He is from my group. He is such a neat kid, so motivated all the time and always helps me stay focused. He is one of the zone leaders that we have here in the mission. Anyway we got back around 9 at night and we went by McDonalds for lunch and then we went home. Wednesday we went and we worked really hard all day. It was so fun, and we also had a really good lesson with the Hermana Drei. We just made the invitations for her baptism and then we talked a little bit about the atonement in her life and how it is really applying to her.

On Thursday we had a really good morning too. We went out to an area that was having a district meeting and it was really cool. This past week for the week that it was, we asked the district leaders to teach about the atonement in their meetings and the elder that gave the meeting this week was excellent. It made my eyes water up a little bit because it was so spiritual. He just talked about every single thing in detail and applied some personal stories to it as well. The thing that I liked the most was how he was able to just talk with such love towards the Savior. It was amazing. So, then we came back and we went right to work. We had a lesson that night with Drei again with the bishop’s family and it went really well. We talked about the questions for her baptism and then we talked a little bit about the questions she had towards the plan of salvation. Then we were on our way from there again.

 Friday, we did divisions with the zone Palmtral, and I went with elder Rasmussen. It went really well and he and I had a blast. Well practically all day long we were kind of trapped in the house but the Jensen’s came over and we did work on the house. I replaced all the door knobs in the house, well the ones we needed to replace, put down the new grip on the walk ways, and also replaced the inner part of the toilet. I learned a lot from Elder Jensen that day. Then we went that night to Drei´s again and we did her interview. It went really well and she passed with flying colors. Ha, so she is now ready for this Sunday to be baptized. So today being Saturday, we went in the morning to take Drei to the temple and it went really well. She loved it so much and she was so happy and felt so strongly the things that she needed to do. Now I remind you she is married to Jorge, in which we call him Cielo, but she was saying she couldn’t wait to go back with Cielo and be there with him and in one year seal herself to him. It was so neat to hear her say that. She said she new without a doubt that she needed to be baptized. Also something that was really cool was that when we were there at the temple the whole entire branch of Oratorio was there too. I was so happy to see them there and see some familiar faces there. Even though I was there for such a little time, they really made an impression on my heart. I love those kids and the whole branch. The thing I loved the most about Oratorio was that it was just like a big huge family. No one critiqued each other, but they were always so supportive and loving towards one another. It was great. Anyway they were way happy to see me too. That is when I realized, or it just hit me that it truly has gotten to me. I have found a true happiness and I love it. I love being happy all the time. It is just so great and I hope I don’t ever lose this feeling that I have. Hopefully it goes on forever, even after the mission.

So anyway that was my week, I really can’t believe how fast it is going either. The time is just flying by. I remember it was just like yesterday that I was saying it would be in 4 months where I would be watching general conference and almost talking to mom again, and here we are. I only have 3 changes left in the mission and only 4 months. That is crazy. Did dad send that email to his workers, or who did he send it too. Becky truly is a true convert, I love that about her. I am so happy for her. Keep helping her mom reading daily the book of Mormon and doing the things she needs to do. Sometimes I feel us as members we get caught into the routine stuff and we forget what it is all about. It is just about Jesus Christ. It is all about him and what He would do if He were here.

Changes are this Wednesday. We are in full change mode and it is hectic. I kind of know what dad goes through with UPS now. We are preparing for 22 new missionaries coming into the mission and only 6 leaving. So that means that we are creating areas and doubling the work force in some areas and etc., it is crazy. I will not be going anywhere. I am going to die right here in Trebol and die as the assistant to president. My companion Elder Castro will go home in July, so I will get my new companion then.

I sent you a picture of me and Elder Call. He was at the meeting we went to last week. He is such a nice kid. He would be an excellent comp.

YES, I got my package. Thank you so much mom, I loved it. I got it last night and left it at home so I haven’t taken any pictures with it yet but I will get some to you soon. The memory card is almost full, so you should be getting it soon. I’m trying to fill it all the way up.

That is cool about Craig; I too think it will be soon for me too. Ha, but who knows who will be the future Mrs. Shipley.

No I didn’t hear from Pat. Barney and I haven’t heard from Devan or Gage for awhile. No I do not know who the Spiegel kid is. Does he know who I am? And yes I wrote Devanshi, haven’t heard from her either. Anyway thanks for writing me mom. I love reading your letters. They are always so great and uplifting. I especially love how you end each one. I currently had our finance elder make me a budget, so I should be doing better at spending my money and managing it correctly. Life is great having good secretaries. Ha ha, well I sure do love all you so much and miss you a ton.

Love Always
Elder Shipley 





No comments:

Post a Comment