Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I've decided to post all letters received - this is the very first snail mail.

Dear Dad and Mom - How are you guys holding up?  I haven't got a letter yet so I'm guessing Jack was cute enough to take your mind off things. :) Well I just wanted to say I'm loving life up here.  It is so much fun.  The Spirit is so strong here and it is so cool.  (I still don't want to go to BYU though) Ha!  Well the weather is beautiful and I couldn't be doing any better.  Everyone in our zone was surprised I'm having an easier time than expected.  They say I'm too happy! (I kid you not, this kid has never been in a bad mood) Well, what have you guys been doing?  How is Jack?  Send me pictures so I can see him.  My departure date for the MTC is Sept 7.  Oh and I see Elder Covington and Elder Cruz all the time at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Also, could you guys please send some more ties.  I only have four. (NOT, Rachel had rolled and packed them in his socks - but Ken did send 6 more.) And just so you guys know I only have P-days on Wednesdays.  Something went wrong with our schedule today so that's why I'm writing you guys.  Man, I am loving it here, the guys are great in our district and everyone helps each other.  I almost have the first vision down in Spanish, and I can say my testimony and purpose and pray in Spanish.  Our Mission President, Greenwood, says that one day our thinking process will just change,  we will start thinking in Spanish instead of thinking in English and translating.  I am very excited for that day to come.  Oh yeah,  I met an Elder today going to Tucson, his name was Elder Lyons.  I told him if he ever got up to Oro Valley you guys would take care of him (and you know we will)  and how crazy is this, I met an Elder Hunsaker.  He said he is not related, but that Bob and Shirley sound familar.  Also, I thought I would add, I'm the four-square champ currently. (how can you not LOVE him)  No one can touch me.  Well I have to get going.  Tell everyone to write me lots, especially you guys.  I keep track (like the dot system) (an obsessive system I have when I'm the ward activity leader - you'd better have a GOOD excuse to not be at a ward party) HaHa, but seriously.  Talk to you through email on Wednesday.  I miss you guys and love you.

Love, Elder Daniel Shipley
Oh, P.S. - gum is not allowed, but mints are :) (I sent him a two-year supply-immediately - Mentos, Altoids, Lifesavers, Star Bright s,  you name it)
and P.P.S. Me and my comp go to Guatemala, 6 more go to Mesa and four more are going to Idaho.  And my other two roommates are from St. David and the other goes to ASU.  It's pretty cool and I see Elder Smith all the time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment