Monday, March 14, 2011

Make it three - and I cried with this one.

 Hey mom so I don't know why but I feel really inspired to write this
to your seminary class.

Dear seminary class of Sister Shipley.

I hope you guys are all enjoying your time in my mom’s class and
enjoying the blessing of being with her almost every morning as I
don't get that chance. I love my mom dearly and she really works so
hard for every one of you but even if  you don't like how she
teaches, know the importance and truthfulness of what she is teaching.

Even if you don't have a testimony right now that's not important but
you should strive to get one soon. I would like to challenge all of
you to go out and find your own sacred grove and read the testimony of
Joseph Smith or read the Book of Mormon and after you’re done, honestly
pray to know whether this church is true or not. Believe me this will
help you in life. Pay attention in seminary and really listen to what my mom 
has to say. She receives special revelation for you all and has a deep love for 
you and the scriptures.

The church was organized by Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith.
The rules or guidelines we have today are commandments from God and
the choices we make every day affect our eternal salvation. The church
is here to bless you and help you and help make us perfect so we can
return to God. I know that is what He wants and what a shame that I
didn't know that until I was on my mission.

I really do hope you can all know that this church is the true church and how
fortunate we are to have a loving prophet of God, who is working his heart out 
and lives righteously so that we can receive the revelations of God through him.
All you young men and women should honestly consider going on a
mission and don't think of the personal sacrifice you will be making.
A mission gives you the great opportunity to serve your Lord who died
for you. I love you guys even though I don't know you but because I
know you are the future of the church. I always heard people say that to me 
but I now understand it. You guys are the future and you can learn so much and
will learn so much if you allow the Lord to work through you. Don't
worry about wanting to be cool to your friends. Who is more important
your friends or your family and Jesus Christ?  He loves
you guys and knows your challenges.  I too know what you’re going through
and the bad stuff you face because I went to Ironwood Ridge also.
Develop the habit of saying no to bad things.  It has been something
that has blessed me so much. Strive to have the Spirit always and
realize that this church is more than just a place to meet friends, it
is a place to worship our God and to praise Him. I promise you that
things will be better if you can do these things. Jesus said it would
never be easy but it would be worth it.

I hope and pray for each of you always that you can know the gospel is true. 
I have seen a lot of miracles here on my mission and people who's lives have been
made so much better. It has changed my life and a mission can change your lives too. 
The priesthood that you young men have is real and Jesus trusts you with it. I know you 
are all chosen to be where you are right now and that God has a plan that we can't fully 
understand but it is there and He is there for you always. I know that for a fact.

May God bless every one of you.  In the sacred name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
With love,  Elder Shipley

No comments:

Post a Comment