Sunday, February 5, 2012

PLLLLLEEAASSEE send me Phase 10. Please. I'm dying for that game. We had it in the white house but some missionary decided to take it with him when he went home, so now we are looking for it and can't find it anywhere.

I remember that day with Elder Wood.  He was a great missionary. I'm trying to be just like that. Work hard and be obedient and just do what the Lord wants me to do, not what my friends want me to do. My comp told me, doing that will probably make a couple people not like me, but he said, but who is more important, them or the Lord. If the Lord is happy then that is all that matters.

My head is ready to explode however. There is a lot of information that we receive here and it is crazy. I am really enjoying it here though. This past week we had our meeting with the zone leaders and it went extremely well. We are currently trying a new thing in the mission which is to just have pdays with the companions to build more companionship unity. The zone activities every week are distracting from the mission work and usually people return to their areas angry. So we feel like if we can strengthen the companionship unity then we can start having the Spirit more in the companionship and maybe start baptizing more. Hopefully it works out.

I really hope you have a success on our diet mom, you need to be healthy so that you can live to an old age. Think about how healthy nanny is and how she can still bolt around from place to place. We need to take care of our bodies. We were teaching a lesson the other day about the word of wisdom and we were talking to this guy when we put this example. Say I give you my cell phone, you take it for 4 years and while you have you it crack it, you break the buttons, the sound doesn't work. After  4 years I come and ask you for it back. How would you feel giving me that bad beat up phone. Now think about our bodies. They aren't ours, like many people say, but the truth is that it is a gift from God. How are we taking care of this gift that He has given us. Just a thought to ponder on. ha.
Anyways we had a great week last week. We currently have 2 investigators that are moving along really well. One is named Heidy. She is super nice and really really receptive to the message we are bringing her along. She says that she loves how she feels when ever we are in the house or when she is going to the church. She says she just feels good. Anyways with her we put a fecha for her baptism next Saturday. we are working really hard with her. The next guy who´s name is Cesar is a way cool guy. The secretaries were teaching him before but they were taken out of the area so we took over for them. The first lesson that we had with him was such a powerful lesson. He loved it and he said, in the year and a half that he has been receiving the missionaries, never has the Gospel been made so clear for him. It was a neat experience. So now that they both have fechas for baptism. We are currently visiting them everyday. If Satan is going to visit them every single day, then why not us. So we have made them a priority and are working really hard at making things happen with them.

Things are going good here though mom. Coming up we have zone conferences with 9 different zones so we are going to be incredibly busy with that, not to mention the fact that we have to find time to go to the temple in between that. I think we are going to go Saturday the 18th or the following Saturday. we will see. 
I am having a blast with my companion. I was recently in Zacapa on divisions and he surprised me with a water above the door for when I came back to the white house. haha It was pretty funny. 
Well I love you all and Miss you all dearly. I was thinking about extending for quite some time now, but I just realized I am getting ready to see you guys again, why would I do such a thing. The Lord called me for 2 years, not for 2 years and 2 months.  I really feel like I got my answer to that the other day when I was praying about it. IT is coming up on that time to decide anyways. The 18th of February I get the form to sign of my official last day and when I am coming home. It is coming up fast. Alright I'll talk to you next week. 

Love Elder Shipley

P.s. tell the missionaries to visit nanny more often. she is a great investigator and they need to visit her at least 2 to 3 times a week. --
Elder Shipley



No comments:

Post a Comment